Industries We Serve
What our Clients Say
Back to General Management Consulting Services
Operational, Short-term planning
Questions to Ask
- Have sales and/or profits been decreasing?
- Do you have clearly stated and agreed upon business objectives
for the current year?
- Do you measure actual operating results against planned goals?
- Are you planning to diversify, add a new product/service, or
- Are you contemplating a major capital investment?
- Are you experiencing significant cash flow
problems due to growth?
Description of Service
A formalized process to aid you in developing a written business plan
to direct your efforts or operations. Business planning is a key
management tool to help identify future direction and determine
ways to obtain objectives and goals.
- A thorough and in-depth analysis of business opportunities
- Involvement of key management resulting in greater management
- Thinking and discussing the future and establishing priorities
- Addressing critical operating issues
- Building momentum to work towards common
A men's clothing manufacturer needed a facilitated process not only
to develop an annual profit plan but also a "protected forum" to
discuss internal issues. Results -- (1) Management developed
specific goals and strategies, together with actions, responsibilities,
and deadlines; and (2) discussions were conducted in a positive, open
atmosphere with plans made to resolve differences.
A manufacturer of pharmaceuticals desired to implement the first ever,
collective planning process involving several levels of management,
production, and sales. Results -- (1) All management personnel
participated in the process developing strategic direction, including
a five-year growth plan and revised mission statement; (2) development of
operational/annual plans; and (3) delineation of key action steps,
responsibilities, and deadlines.
The Board of Directors of a non-profit organization desired to develop
an annual plan for the agency. All key management and Board members
participated. Results -- Increased commitment to specific actions
contents Copyright © 1997, 1999, 2000 David Norman & Associates. All Rights Reserved.